District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers said: The court upholds its findings from the temporary restraining order and is hereby granted in part and partially rejects Epic Games’ proposal for a preliminary injunction.
Last month, Epic Games submitted a preliminary court request that would bring its game back to the App Store and restore the developer account after the iPhone manufacturer terminated the Epic Games account in its app store.
Epic Games filed a lawsuit against Apple in August, claiming that the company’s commission of 30 percent on some in-app purchases made through its app store, along with Apple’s controls over apps that users can download to iPhones, constitute Anti-competitive behavior.
The lawsuit came after (Epic Games) launched its payment system for the popular Fortnite game.
Apple does not allow alternative payment systems for its system and has removed the Fortnite game from the App Store and threatened to terminate the accounts of the developers of (Epic Games), which affects other commercial activities of the company (Epic Games) in terms of selling the game engine used in the design of games.
(Epic Games) moved to prevent Apple from taking the two steps, and a judge previously issued an emergency order that allowed Apple to withdraw Epic Games from the App Store, but prevented the iPhone manufacturer from taking any action that would harm the Epic Games developer tools.
In a ruling on Friday, the judge said: (Epic Games) has strong arguments about the exclusive distribution of Apple through the (App Store), and the in-app purchase system through which Apple gets 30 percent of the payments.
The judge added that (Epic Games) did not adequately address the anti-Apple arguments, and said the matters dealt with in the temporary restriction order remain as they are.
This means that the Fortnite game will remain banned from the (App Store) until the final decision of the court next year, according to the “Arab portal for technical news.”
These were the details of the news Apple continues to ban “Fortnite” for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.