We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Philips introduces new Philips Respironics E30 ventilator to help free up ICU units in the following article
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - DUBAI — Philips announced its initiative to quickly scale production of its new Philips Respironics E30 ventilator as a readily available ventilation alternative during the COVID-19 crisis in situations where full-featured, critical care ventilators are not available.
Philips has begun production immediately, ramping up outputs on an ongoing basis with expectations of producing 15,000 units per week in April, 2020.
Philips has received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the device for use only during the COVID public emergency. Status of EUA requests can be found on the FDA website.
Designed for mass production by a team deeply experienced in respiratory care, the E30 ventilator features include:
• The ability to use the device both invasively and non-invasively;
• Quick set-up and simple operations, allowing healthcare providers with a wide range of skill sets to treat and monitor patients in clinical and field-hospital settings;
• The ability to accept high-flow oxygen;
• Recommended circuit set-ups contain a bacterial/viral filter to minimize exposure for healthcare providers when used invasively or noninvasively with example accessories that may be used, such as a full-face, non-vented (without integrated leak) mask, or helmet;
• On-screen respiratory monitoring to measure and display vital ventilation type parameters such as pressure, tidal volume, respiratory rate, leak, and oxygen saturation, enabling clinicians to evaluate therapy effectiveness;
• Visual and audible alarms to provide pertinent therapy information to healthcare providers.
”The global situation with the spread of COVID-19 is evolving rapidly. Philips recognizes that in such unprecedented times, acting quickly can make all the difference,” said Özlem Fidancı, chief executive officer at Philips Middle East & Turkey.
“We want to play an integral role in keeping our communities as safe as possible and support people on the front-line. We are happy to announce the successful launch of the Philips Respironics E30 ventilator as a readily available alternative during the COVID-19 crisis here in the Middle East.
“We are proud that we could leverage our expertise in ventilation to support healthcare workers in the region, while still complying with medical device quality standards. We hope this solution will help free-up ICU ventilators for use in treating the most severe patients.” — SG
These were the details of the news Philips introduces new Philips Respironics E30 ventilator to help free up ICU units for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.