His forty-six years on earth have been as hilarious, comical, and dramatic as his enduringly popular plays and novels, with classics like The Importance of Being Earnest and The Picture of Dorian Gray readers still enjoying today.
Wilde also endured some difficulties. In his lifetime he was tried for being gay while tragically dying of meningitis in Paris.
Despite these difficulties, Wilde retained his razor-sharp wit. A joke that is still fondly remembered today. Here are just a few of his most memorable jokes.
1. “Work is the bane of drinking lessons”
2. “A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
3. “I can resist anything but temptation”
4. “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about and it is not talked about.”
5. “Be yourself; all others are taken “
circa 1884: Irish playwright, poet and writer Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), author of “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and “The Importance of Being Earnest”. (Photo by Hulton Archive / Getty Images)
6. “Losing a parent can be viewed as unhappiness; Losing both looks like negligence. “
7. “All women become like their mothers. This is their tragedy. No man does it, and that’s his. “
8. “We’re all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars”
9. “There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are good or bad. That’s all.”
10. “Women should be loved, not understood”
11. “Loving yourself is the beginning of a lifelong romance”.
One moment please…
These were the details of the news 11 of Oscar Wilde’s wisest and funniest quotes for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.