Trump says US will not lock down again amid rising coronavirus cases

Trump says US will not lock down again amid rising coronavirus cases
Trump says US will not lock down again amid rising coronavirus cases

Hello and welcome to the details of says US will not lock down again amid rising coronavirus cases and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - US President Donald Trump speaks in the Rose Garden at the White House in Washington June 16, 2020. — Reuters pic

WASHINGTON, June 18 — President Donald Trump said yesterday the United States would not close businesses again as several states reported rising numbers of new coronavirus infections.

“We won't be closing the country again. We won't have to do that,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News Channel.

Trump's comments come after White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin both said the United States could not shut down the economy again.

In a call with governors, Vice President Mike Pence encouraged them to repeat the administration's claim that increased testing accounts for the spike in numbers, the New York Times has reported.

The paper's analysis found that positive cases outstripped the average number of administered tests in at least 14 states.

Restaurants, gyms, schools and other locations closed down in March as the country braced for the coronavirus, which has so far sickened 2.16 million Americans and killed nearly 118,000.

Millions of Americans found themselves unemployed as a result of the pandemic. Trump had previously touted the strength of the economy, making it central to his re-election bid in November. — Reuters

These were the details of the news Trump says US will not lock down again amid rising coronavirus cases for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Circular from the Minister of Industry to factory owners
NEXT The first comment from the Tunisian Renaissance Movement on the appointment...