Clashes continued on Friday between Azerbaijan and the forces of the Nagorno-Karabakh region.
On Friday, Azerbaijan said that 31 civilians had been killed and 164 wounded since the fighting began in late September, according to the prosecutor’s office.
Earlier in the day, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said, in a press statement, that his country would give Armenia “its last chance to resolve the conflict peacefully.”
Authorities in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, which lies within the borders of Azerbaijan but enjoys de facto independence and an Armenian majority, said Friday that 22 civilians were killed and 95 wounded, according to the state-run Armenian Unified Information Center.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Michelle Bachelet, issued a statement, Friday, calling for an urgent ceasefire in the conflict zone.
“It is a matter of deep concern that in recent days we have seen targeted populated areas that have been bombed with heavy weapons in and around the conflict zone,” Bachelet said.
These were the details of the news Nagorno-Karabakh … “last chance” talks between Armenia and Azerbaijan in Russia for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.