Marie-Michelle Chouinard has been a vegan since 2013, because animal welfare is close to her heart. In The vegan canteen, published by VLB publisher, it offers around sixty recipes. “I wanted to think outside the box of vegan recipes,” she says. It’s very avocado toast, bowl with raw veg on top, etc. I find that is not what convinces people to try veganism. “
Posted on October 17, 2020 at 5:00 a.m.
Author of the blog Une Maman Végane, Marie-Michelle Chouinard is the mother of Adam, two and a half years old. She shares with readers of Press a rib-style tempeh recipe. “Tempeh is an unknown food, often poorly cooked,” she observes. The secret is in the sauce! Braise the tempeh and cook it in a sauce, that’s what makes it good. ”
Tempeh way spare ribs
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation: 35 minutes
Ingredients for tempeh
• 1 block (240 g) of tempeh
• 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
• 1 C. cornstarch
• 2 tsp. tablespoon of water
• Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Ingredients for the sauce
• 2 tsp. tablespoon soy or tamari sauce
• 2 tsp. fancy molasses
• 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
• 2 tsp. ketchup
• 2 tsp. brown sugar
• 1 C. rice vinegar
• ½ cup of water
• 5 garlic cloves, chopped
• 3 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1. If the tempeh is frozen, boil it in water for about ten minutes. Remove the plastic wrap, including the one under the packaging, before immersing it in boiling water.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
3. Cut the tempeh into cubes and set aside. “I usually cut it in six crosswise, then ten crosswise,” says Marie-Michelle Chouinard.
3. In an ovenproof container, combine all the ingredients to make the sauce. Add the tempeh and coat well.
4. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes in the center of the oven.
5. In a skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Using a spatula, remove the tempeh cubes from the sauce and sear them in the pan. Lower the heat to medium and let the cubes lightly color by turning them over.
6. Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch and water. Add the mixture to the sauce. Once the tempeh is colored, add the sauce. Leave to thicken for a few moments, coat well and serve topped with sesame seeds.
> Consult the blog A vegan mom
Source : The vegan canteen, recipes for good living, by Marie-Michelle Chouinard, VLB editor.
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Tempeh spare ribs style from Marie-Michelle Chouinard for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at en24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.