– It’s covid, covid, covid. On November 4, you will not hear anything about it, because we are about to round that corner, said President Trump to those present, as a stab at his opponent Joe Biden’s focus on the pandemic, writes USA Today.
On Friday, a new record was set in the USA in terms of the number of infected people in the course of a day, and already on Saturday, 83,000 new cases of infection ensured that the record was broken after 24 hours.
– We will have 100 million vaccine doses before the end of the year, and the elderly will be first in line, https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1319755566206640128?s=20 in front of its audience in The Villages, an area made up mainly of retirees.
– We take care of our elderly, under my plan. The plan provides incredible, life-saving treatment. The treatment is incredible, he continued.
In September, the president estimated that as many as 200 million doses would be available by 2020.
– Not to be trusted
For Trump, the focus has long been on communicating that a corona vaccine will be ready before the November 3 presidential election. However, in the wake of the election campaign’s first presidential debate in late September, two of the drug giants working to develop a vaccine in the United States, Moderna and Pfizer, issued a counter-notification, signaling that a vaccine would not be ready until then.
Minerva writer, author and US expert Jan Arild Snoen tells Dagbladet that both Trump’s infection control expert Anthony Fauci and other government agencies have for a long time said that a corona vaccine can not possibly be ready for the election, and have pointed to the first quarter of 2021 as a possible time . Lately, then, Trump has also changed his mind.
– It is not because he prefers it, but because it is simply not credible that a vaccine should be ready for election in ten days. That is why he has now postponed it until after the election, says Snoen, who believes Trump is now clinging to what he can of “good news” regarding the pandemic management.
– Exactly what is the realism in this, you can not ask Trump about. He is not to be trusted. It is not credible to anyone other than those who already trust everything he says.
Steinar Madsen, medical director and medical director at the Norwegian Medicines Agency, tells Dagbladet that it is difficult to assess the truthfulness of Trump’s recent vaccine claims.
– It is not so easy to say how many doses the USA has secured. It may be possible that what Trump says is correct, because the American pharmaceutical companies that are working on making a vaccine have already started production and are scaling up, says Madsen.
Over the past week, both Pfizer and Moderna have announced that they hope to receive emergency approval for the US market during November and December, respectively.
New guidelines from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), however, stipulate that the follow-up period for test patients should be at least two months.
– Production capacity is being built up, so that the USA can have 100 million doses before the end of the year is possible. But only time will tell if that is right.
– Are Americans best placed in the vaccine race?
– The Americans have invested huge sums in vaccine production, and have acquired rights to several vaccines. But like I said, it’s hard to comment. Trump has said a lot about vaccines, so you just have to wait.
– Earliest in January
In Europe, there are currently two vaccines leading the race, and which are under investigation by European drug authorities, Madsen explains.
The vaccines he is referring to are the AstraZeneca vaccine, which is being developed in collaboration with the University of Oxford, and the Pfizer vaccine, which is being developed together with the German company BioNTech.
– It is the two who have come the furthest, and where an approval procedure has been initiated. The United States has not yet initiated such a procedure, but the Americans are prepared to do so as soon as possible.
When any vaccines for the European market will be approved is still uncertain.
– Probably not earlier than January, Madsen predicts.
These were the details of the news Donald Trump: – – 100 million doses before the year is... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.