– It is not nice to get ugly messages back when you ask for help with the moped, says Magnus Berg from Hafrsfjord in Stavanger.
Mom Eli Kristensen agrees.
– When you get such junk answers to an inquiry, you think that there is no help here. And then we had already had so much trouble with the moped, that we wanted to cancel the purchase.
See the messages further down, and not least how Motor-shop explains them in the video above.
By this time, the moped had already been in twice for service at the Motor-Shop, in order to sort out the problems that kept returning.
Watch TV 2 help you for free on Sumo.
– I have had problems starting it almost ever since it was new. And when it first starts, it jerks when I drive and can die when I stop in front of a pedestrian crossing or at a red light, says Magnus.
The first time Eli and Magnus delivered the moped to the Motor-Shop, it worked for a while. When the problems returned and the moped was again delivered for repair, there were no employees present in Stavanger.
– Then there was another man who tried to help us. We got the impression that he did not work for Motor-Shop, but was a friend of the one we had bought the moped from, says Eli.
Surprising chat messages
And since the problems came back once again, Magnus contacted Motor-Shop’s Messenger chat to ask what he should do. There he received clear messages:
Right to raise
The Consumer Council emphasizes that a retailer basically only has two attempts to repair the same faults.
– If the error occurs for the third time, and it is a more significant error – for example in the moped’s driving characteristics – you will have the right to cancel the purchase and get your money back, points out lawyer Caroline Skårderud.
Italian or Chinese?
In addition to the driving and starting problems, there is more that is strange about the moped Magnus bought in the autumn of 2019. It was sold under the name Garelli Rozzo, and Garelli is an old Italian brand, which celebrated its centenary last year. Over the years, they have produced many classic mopeds and motorcycles.
But on the frame number and in the wagon card it says something completely different. Here is suddenly a Chinese moped by the brand Jiajue Matador.
– This is completely normal, Motor-Shop writes in an email to the mother.
The Motorcycle Importers’ Association, which organizes 90 percent of the industry, does not agree.
– In my thirteen years in the association, I have not heard of anyone selling a product as the brand name to something completely different. It seems very strange to sell a Chinese product under the name of an old Italian brand, says federal secretary Arve Lønnum.
– A little confusing
Motor-Shop refuses to cancel the purchase, so TV 2 helps you join Eli and Magnus to the company’s premises in Stavanger, where we meet general manager Benjamin Hall and eventually also his employee Don.
See the entire meeting with Motor-Shop in the video at the top of the case.
During the interview, Motor-Shop alternately claims that the problems may be due to user errors or that there may have been two different errors with the moped.
– It gets difficult when you do not know what was done the second time, when it was someone who was not employed who fixed the moped. Then there is no one who can answer what has been done, Eli wonders.
– Then everything was completely dead due to the corona situation, so I did not have much overview and just had to try to do my best. Of course, I think it has been a lot of stuff and a bit confusing, admits Benjamin Hall, who also has no answer on how he can document that Magnus has used the moped incorrectly during the period he has had it.
Gives the former employee the responsibility
Regarding the feedback Magnus received on the Messenger chat, Hall apologizes for this, and says that they were sent by an employee who no longer works for the company.
– You can not treat people that way there, I have discussed it with him. He had the job for a week.
Sold the name back
We also ask if this is really an Italian moped, as Magnus and Eli think they were told in the shop.
– No one has said that it is an Italian moped. Garelli was a Norwegian registered trademark and has nothing to do with Italy at all.
– But why did you choose to call the moped Garelli, which is a real Italian brand name?
– Garelli was open in Norway. We think it was a very nice name and chose to register it in Norway. But now this is a case we are done with – the Garelli brand has been sold back to the Italians who created Garelli first, says Hall.
Decides in the end
But Magnus and Eli will still cancel the purchase. After half an hour of talking to his co-worker in the back room, Benjamin Hall finally arrives at an answer.
– It is difficult to conclude with anything, but since the situation is as it is, I choose to just cancel the purchase. Then I can only regret that you have experienced the situation as you have experienced it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.tv2.no/a/11784570/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Moped dealer apologizes for chat messages to 17-year-old Magnus for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.