São Paulo – Education in São Paulo reached 1,045 cases of covid-19 among students, teachers and other education workers, in 548 schools. The survey was carried out by the Union of Teachers of Official Education of the State of São Paulo (Apeoesp). The João Doria government (PSDB), which promised to release weekly data on confirmed and suspected cases of covid-19 in state schools, declined to disclose data for the past nine days, claiming that it is preparing a new Monitoring Panel. With that, it was limited to just informing that five schools were closed last week due to contamination (note below).
On Tuesday of last week (16), the State Secretary for Education, Rossieli Soares, reported that 741 cases of covid-19 were confirmed in schools, among students and teachers. Of these, 456 cases were in the state network, 14 in the municipal networks and 271 in the private sector. Another 1,133 suspected cases were under analysis. The data were for the period between January 2 and February 13. Rossieli also said that the data would be released every Tuesday, which has not been confirmed this week.
For the president of Apeoesp, the state deputy, Professor Bebel (PT), the Doria government hides the data because there is an explosion of cases in schools. “There are already more than a thousand covid-19 infections. This is the result of the Governor’s and Secretary of Education’s contempt for the lives of teachers, staff, students and their families. In fact, contempt for everyone’s life, because maintaining face-to-face activities in schools is to stimulate the circulation of the virus and make the pandemic even stronger. Control measures during the night are, in fact, the purest marketing considering the current situation ”, said Bebel.
This week, two tragic records were added to confirmed cases of covid-19 in schools in São Paulo. On Saturday (20), teacher Maria Tereza Miguel Couto de Lourenço, 32, who taught at the full-time state school Minister José de Moura Rezende, in Caçapava, in the Paraíba Valley, died as a result of covid-19. She participated in planning activities in late January and developed symptoms a few days later.
Besides her, on Monday (22), teacher Rafaela de Ávila Cardoso, 8 months pregnant, was admitted to the Semi-Intensive Care Unit of the Hospital and Maternity Santa Joana, in São Paulo, monitoring vital signs of her and her baby. . After 10 days of returning to mandatory face-to-face classes, she and other teachers showed symptoms of covid-19. Rafaela teaches at the Municipal Elementary School (Emef) Luiz Olinto Tortorello, in São Caetano do Sul, ABC. She reports that she returned to school on February 5, under pressure, as she did not have her requests to remain in home office accepted, despite pregnancy.
Although it claims that back to school amid the covid-19 pandemic is safe, the Doria government has restricted access to the Education Information and Monitoring System for Covid-19 (Simed), leaving the assessment of the resumption of activities without any transparency. Only a single server from each school can be registered and access the system, both to register suspected or confirmed cases of the disease at the school, and to monitor the situation. “Registration is extremely bureaucratic, it seems designed to give up reporting contamination occurrences,” said a coordinator who asked not to be identified.
Note on covid-19 in schools
“The Secretary of Education of the State of São Paulo (Seduc-SP) informs that, at the moment, the team of the Information, Technology and Enrollment Coordination (Citem) of Seduc-SP, the Data Processing Company of the State of São Paulo (Prodesp) and the Medical Education Commission are involved in the elaboration and approval of the process and results indicators that will be part of the Monitoring Panel (Business Intelligence), structured to allow schools to monitor the impact of the pandemic locally, in addition to allowing the education directorates the information contained in Simed / Seduc, providing knowledge to support decisions by the Education Secretariat.
As of next week, with the full operation of the Business Intelligence, the Secretariat of Education will start to share Simed information again, in a press conference whose date and time will be informed by this advisory.
- Advertisement -
Seduc-SP emphasizes the competence of the health area in the notification of data related to epidemiological investigation and discussion of the evolution of transmission of Covid-19. With a commitment to the transparency of its actions, the Department of Education informs that in the period from 7 to 13 February, nine schools presented some complication related to Covid-19 and, according to guidelines of the municipal health surveillance, temporarily interrupted the face-to-face activities but they have already resumed face-to-face activities. There were seven school units that closed initially and two of them were reopened. In the same week, two others interrupted their activities, closing the balance of the week of schools closed at seven.
In the week of February 14 to 20, five schools temporarily suspended activities. However, it is noteworthy that all these cases, the affected students continue to take online classes at the São Paulo Education Media Center.
The temporary interruption of face-to-face school activities is determined by the health authorities, as part of the protocols to be followed, and is being monitored by the respective Teaching Directorates and by the central team of the Secretariat of Education. It is emphasized that this is an important measure to isolate cases and ensure the non-transmission of Covid-19 in the school community, so that after investigating the cases and taking the necessary measures, students and education professionals can return safely . Local health units are always the ones who define these strategies to combat the spread of Covid-19. ”
São Paulo State Department of Education (Seduc-SP)
These were the details of the news Teachers register 1,045 cases of covid-19 in schools in SP. Doria government ceases to disclose data for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.