October 13, 2021, 20:30 GMTUpdated 1 hour ago
Five people were killed and two others injured in Norway after a man used a bow and arrow to attack them.
Police announced an accident in the town of Kongsberg, southwest of the capital, Oslo, at about 18:30 local time (17:30 GMT).
Police reports said they did not rule out the possibility that the incident was a terrorist attack.
Officer Oyvind As said one of the suspects had been arrested and appeared to have acted alone.
A spokesman said police would investigate whether it was an act of terrorism.
“It is a tragedy for all those affected. I have no words,” Mayor Carrie Ann Sand told the VJ newspaper.
According to reports, there was a confrontation between the attacker and the police before he was finally arrested at 18:47 local time.
Media reports said the attacker carried out the attack at the Coop Extra store on the western side of Kongsberg. One of the injured was an off-duty police officer who was in the shop at the time.
A spokesperson for the chain later confirmed that there had been a “serious incident” at their store, adding that none of its employees had been physically hurt.
As told reporters, officers were also investigating whether the attacker used other weapons during the incident.
It informs residents of the order to stay in their homes, so that the authorities can examine the scene and gather evidence.
Police said the suspect has now been transferred to a police station in the town of Drammen. He has not yet been questioned.
There were reports of dozens of emergency vehicles at the scene, including ambulances, police and helicopters.
The Ministry of Justice said on Twitter that Norway’s Minister of Justice Monica Maeland had been informed of the incident and was closely monitoring the situation.
The country’s Police Directorate has ordered all officers across the country to carry firearms as an additional precaution. The police in the country are usually unarmed.
“The police have no indication yet of a change in the national threat level,” the directorate said in an official statement.
These were the details of the news Two dead in a bow and arrow attack at a supermarket... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at eg24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.