Hello and welcome to the details of Prince Philip, 98, husband of Queen Elizabeth, taken to hospital and now with the details
LONDON, Dec 20 — Britain’s Prince Philip, the 98-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth, was taken to hospital today as a precautionary measure for treatment for a pre-existing condition, Buckingham Palace said today.
Philip, whose official title is the Duke of Edinburgh, travelled from the family’s home in Norfolk, eastern England, to the King Edward VII Hospital in London for observation and treatment, the palace said in a statement.
“The admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’ Doctor,” it said.
Philip retired from public life in August 2017 although he has occasionally appeared at official engagements since.
He spent Christmas in 2011 in hospital after an operation to clear a blocked artery in his heart and he missed the end of celebrations to mark his wife’s 60th year on the throne in 2012 after being hospitalised with a bladder infection.
Last year he spent 10 days in hospital following hip replacement surgery.
In January this year, he escaped unhurt when his Land Rover car flipped over after a collision with another car close to the royals’ Sandringham estate in Norfolk. — Reuters
These were the details of the news Prince Philip, 98, husband of Queen Elizabeth, taken to hospital for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.