Iran accused of covering up coronavirus fatalities

Iran accused of covering up coronavirus fatalities
Iran accused of covering up coronavirus fatalities

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Iran accused of covering up coronavirus fatalities in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - Saudi Gazette report

JEDDAH — Iran reported 89 new coronavirus deaths in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of fatalities in the country to 4,958 on Friday, news reports said quoting a statement from a health ministry official.

The total number of infections reached 79,494, of which 3,563 were said to be in critical condition, the report added.

Facing mounting criticism of cover-ups over coronavirus infections and deaths in the country, Iran earlier this week admitted in a parliamentary report that the coronavirus death toll might be almost double the figures announced by the health ministry, and the number of infections eight to 10 times more.

But the the National Council of Resistance of Iran, a broad coalition of democratic Iranian organizations and personalities, has refuted all claims with regard to the spread of the deadly virus in the Islamic Republic in a press statement released on Thursday.

Citing data compiled by one of its affiliates, the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK), operating inside Iran, the NCRI claimed that coronavirus death toll has surpassed the figure of 30,000 in 294 cities. The number of victims in Tehran province is 4,970, Qom 2,810, Isfahan 2,145, Mazandaran 1,910, Alborz 1,135, Golestan 1,050, East Azerbaijan 950, Kermanshah 845, Fars 790, Hamedan 750, Kurdistan 490, Central Province 490, Zanjan 450, Khorasan North 315, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 276, Ilam 250, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 170, and South Khorasan 105.

The NCRI said that Iranian clerical regime has taken unprecedented measures to cover up the coronavirus staggering fatalities because it is terrified of popular outrage and uprisings. According to the Intelligence Ministry's directive, the internal portal for the country's Civil Registration has been shut down to prevent the information about the death toll from leaking.

Tehran Civil Registration, which publishes a monthly table and causes of deaths in the province, did not publish this table for March 2020, it claimed.


These were the details of the news Iran accused of covering up coronavirus fatalities for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Sudan’s military leaders and Hamdok sign deal to reinstate him as PM
NEXT US police hunt felon after ‘accidental’ gun discharge at Atlanta airport