Saudi Arabia acknowledges the continuation of distance education … and Oman imposes a curfew
Deputy Minister of Hajj: Umrah is going smoothly and 380,000 permits are issued
Saturday – 23 Safar 1442 AH – 10 October 2020 AD Issue No. [
Promote pilgrims in the Grand Mosque (SPA)
Jeddah: Saeed Al-Abyad – Riyadh: «Asharq Al-Awsat»
At a time when Saudi Arabia decided to continue studying remotely for the remainder of the first semester weeks of the current school year, as part of efforts to tackle the Corona virus, the Sultanate of Oman announced the imposition of a partial ban that begins tomorrow, Sunday, and continues until October 24.
It was reported yesterday that the Saudi government decided to continue studying remotely for the remainder of the first semester of the current academic year in public education, university education, and the General Organization for Technical and Vocational Training, in accordance with the controls and instructions currently applied, confirming its concern for the safety of its sons and daughters, male and female students and members The administrative and training body in schools, institutes, colleges and universities and protecting them from the risks of being infected with the Coronavirus. The royal order issued in Saudi Arabia came after evaluating the status of remote study during the past weeks, through the two committees formed in public education and university education by a decision of the Minister of Education, and what ended A mechanism of recommendations to prove the efficiency of distance education platforms. The Ministry of Education stated that during the next few days, it will announce the testing mechanism in public education schools, calling on its male and female students to succeed and succeed, and for all to be safe from any harm. Yesterday, the Saudi Health Ministry announced the registration of 407 new confirmed cases with Corona, bringing the number of confirmed cases in the Kingdom. 338539 cases, including 9261 active cases, are still receiving medical care, and most of them are in reassuring health status (of which 859 are critical cases). Also, (513) new recoveries were recorded, bringing the number of people recovering to 324,282, bringing the rate of recovery cases in the country to more than 95.7 per cent, compared to the total number of injured. The Ministry of Health stated that the 407 registered cases are 41% for females and 59% for males. Children account for 12%, adults 83% and the elderly 5%. The number of deaths reached 4,996 cases, adding 24 new deaths.
– 380 thousand Umrah permits inside
In the meantime, the Saudi Deputy Minister of Hajj and Umrah, Dr. Abdel Fattah Mashat, said that Umrah is going smoothly and that the number of permits issued so far has reached about 380 thousand Umrah permits inside, pointing out that with the increase in the capacity of the second phase, there will be other opportunities for those who missed Registration is in the first stage.
Mashat said in a statement to Al-Sharq al-Awsat that, after a week of opening the Umrah to citizens and residents, “discipline continues and is greatly improving among all pilgrims, with the commitment to attend the appointments and specific gathering points, and this is a result of the great coordination made by the concerned authorities and communication. By sending messages to pilgrims to confirm the dates, while raising awareness of the participating parties on how to deal with the process by performing a safe Umrah.
He explained that in the event that any pilgrim is infected with the Corona virus before his arrival at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, there will be a procedure that will be implemented by linking “We have deputized, and we have performed Umrah”. The permit will be canceled immediately before his arrival and a direct message will be sent to the pilgrim to cancel the Umrah permit due to his infection or contact with one of those infected with the virus . He said that some violations of pilgrims have been detected, but that their number is limited, and they are individual actions.
Mashat indicated that the second phase will start a week from now, and the controls in force in the first phase will be the same, and what will change is the increase in the number of pilgrims, which will reach 15,000 pilgrims per day, and the presence of 40,000 worshipers per day in the Grand Mosque in Mecca, with the opening of the honorable kindergarten and the visit in The second phase. And he expected that the second stage will be smooth since the pilgrims left the Umrah centers and headed to the Haram.
And in the UAE, the Ministry of Health recorded 1075 new cases of Coronavirus yesterday. This brings the total number of registered cases to 104,004. The Ministry also announced the death of 4 infected people, as a consequence of infection with the virus, bringing the number of deaths in the country to 442 cases, while it was announced that 1,424 new cases of recovery from the virus were monitored, bringing the total of recovery cases to 94,903 cases. The Ministry indicated that 120,665 new examinations had been conducted during the past twenty-four hours.
In Kuwait, the Ministry of Health detected 635 new cases of Coronavirus yesterday, bringing the total number of cases registered in the country to 11,076 cases, while 7 new deaths were recorded as a result of contracting the disease, bringing the total number of deaths recorded in the country to 649 cases. And the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced earlier that 710 injuries had recovered in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of recoveries from (Covid-19) to 102,024 cases.
As for Bahrain, the Bahraini Ministry of Health announced the death of two cases of the virus during the past twenty-four hours, bringing the total deaths due to the repercussions of the epidemic in the country to 266 cases.
And the Ministry of Health indicated, in a statement, that the 10525 tests were conducted the day before yesterday, indicating that 490 new cases of the virus were recorded, pointing to 443 additional recoveries, bringing the total number of recovered cases to 69,854 cases. The Bahraini Ministry stated that the number of existing cases under care reached 64 cases, and the cases whose health status required receiving treatment amounted to 100 cases, while 4,240 cases were stable, out of the total number of existing cases, which reached 4,304 existing cases.
In the meantime, the Sultanate of Oman decided to re-impose a partial ban, starting from Sunday until October 24, by preventing movement and closing all public places and shops from eight in the evening to five in the morning, and banning the use of beaches throughout the day until further notice.
The official Oman News Agency reported that the Supreme Committee in charge of discussing the mechanism of dealing with developments resulting from the spread of the Coronavirus, within the framework of its meeting chaired by Hammoud bin Faisal Al Busaidi, Minister of Interior, discussed the developments of the pandemic and measures to prevent it, and issued a set of decisions, including «preventing movement and closing all Public places and shops from (8:00) eight in the evening until (5:00) five in the morning, starting from Sunday 11 October 2020 until Saturday 24 October, ”and“ Banning the use of beaches throughout the day until further notice ”, and“ Re-closing some activities that were previously reopened and did not comply with the established requirements. The decisions also included a threat to “publish the names and pictures of the violators in various media outlets.”
And in Doha, the Qatari Ministry of Health announced, yesterday, that 206 new confirmed cases of corona have been recorded, including 191 local injuries recorded among community members and 15 cases among travelers returning from abroad who are subject to quarantine, in addition to recording a new death.
The Arabian Gulf
The new corona virus
These were the details of the news Saudi Arabia acknowledges the continuation of distance education … and Oman... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.