The Houthis announce an attack on an Aramco station in Jeddah,...

The Yemeni Houthi group said today, Monday, that it fired a missile at a distribution station for Saudi in the Red Sea city of Jeddah.

No confirmation has yet been issued from Saudi Arabia of this announcement, which was reported on Twitter by a military spokesman for the Houthi group, who warned: “We renew our advice to foreign citizens and companies operating in Saudi Arabia that our operations are continuing and that they should move away from vital installations, as they are part of the target bank.”

Aramco’s oil production and export facilities are predominantly located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, more than a thousand kilometers across the kingdom from Jeddah. The state oil giant Aramco did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Yahya Saree, a military spokesman for the Houthi group, noted that the attack was launched with a Quds 2 winged missile. He also published a satellite image bearing the phrase “Al-Sawayeb Factory north of Jeddah – Saudi Aramco.”

“The strike was very accurate, and ambulances and fire engines rushed to the targeted location,” Saree said. Google Maps shows a facility identical to that photo and description on the northern outskirts of Jeddah.

“This qualitative operation comes in response to the continuation of the siege and aggression, and in the context of what the armed forces promised days before the implementation of large-scale operations in the Saudi depth,” he added.

Yemen has been witnessing a conflict since the Saudi-led coalition intervened in March 2015 to restore the Yemeni government that the Houthis ousted from power in the capital, Sanaa, in late 2014. The Houthi group controls most of northern Yemen and most of the large urban areas.

Houthi forces cross-border attacks have escalated since late May, when a truce pushed by the coronavirus pandemic ended. The Saudi-led coalition responded with airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas.

UAE / HZ (Reuters)

  • In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    A report published by the Associated Press, citing Moroccan government sources, indicated that Morocco had stopped its participation in the military operations and ministerial meetings of the Arab coalition, without mentioning any other details. Morocco has not previously disclosed the size of its military participation in coalition operations, even if it lost one of its F-16 fighter jets in Yemen in 2015.

  • Saudi Arabia Jizan Border Yemen (Getty Images / AFP / F. Nureldine)

    In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    Qatar participated in the Arab coalition, as a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council, with ten combat aircraft, as part of the sorties in 2015. In June 2017, the coalition announced the end of Qatar’s participation in it following the Gulf crisis and mutual accusations between its parties of interfering in each other’s internal affairs and supporting terrorism .

  • Yemen Meerenge Bab al-Mandab (Getty Images / AFP / S. Al-Obeidi)

    In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    Sudan is the second most prominent participant with ground forces in the Arab coalition after the United Arab Emirates. Since the beginning of the Arab coalition’s military intervention in Yemen, there has been frequent talk about Sudan’s desire to withdraw due to the losses it incurs.

  • Yemen port city of Hudaida (Getty Images / AFP / S. Al-Obeidi)

    In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    Egypt participated from the beginning in the Arab coalition in Yemen. In 2017, a spokesman for the coalition forces stated that President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi offered to send 40,000 soldiers to participate by land, but sources close to the Egyptian authorities denied these statements.

  • Senegal Gambia tanks in front of border (picture-alliance / AP Photo / S. Cherkaoui)

    In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    In 2015, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Senegal announced that his country was sending 2,100 soldiers to join the Saudi-led Arab coalition to fight the Houthis in Yemen, without mentioning any other details about the mission and future of these soldiers. A number of analysts believe that Senegal’s decision stemmed from its desire to get close to the Gulf Cooperation Council countries.

  • Saudi Arabien - Kronprinz Mohammed bin Salman (picture-alliance/abaca/Balkis Press)

    In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia leads the Arab coalition, and international organizations accuse it, along with the rest of the parties to the armed conflict in Yemen, of being involved in committing many violations. According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, the number of civilians killed and injured since the Arab coalition began its military operations in Yemen has reached 17,000.

  • Yemen Saudi Arabian troops (picture-alliance / dpa)

    In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    The United Arab Emirates is the second largest member of the Arab coalition. In a recent report, Amnesty International (Amnesty International) accused the UAE of “providing weapons illegally to unaccountable militias accused of committing war crimes,” thus contributing to fueling the military conflict in Yemen, according to the organization’s report.

  • Yemen military parade in Marib province (picture alliance / dpa)

    In pictures, what remains of the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen

    The Arab coalition in support of the internationally recognized government of Yemen and its head, Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi, began its military operations against the Houthi group in 2015 with the membership of ten countries: Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Sudan and Pakistan.

These were the details of the news The Houthis announce an attack on an Aramco station in Jeddah,... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV News 24 | Why should we take the third dose...
NEXT Saudi Arabia .. a video documenting the seizure of a hidden...