David Luiz agrees Arsenal contract extension

Thank you for reading the news about David Luiz agrees Arsenal contract extension and now with the details

Aden - Yasmine El Tohamy - David Luiz was heavily criticised after being sent off in last week's 3-0 loss to Man City.

Arsenal technical director Edu hailed Luiz's influence on and off the pitch.

Veteran defender David Luiz has signed a new one-year deal with Arsenal, the Premier League club announced on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old Brazil international joined the Gunners last year from Chelsea on an initial 12-month deal.

He was heavily criticised after being sent off in last week's 3-0 loss to Manchester City - when the Premier League resumed after the coronavirus shutdown.

But Arsenal technical director Edu hailed Luiz's influence on and off the pitch.

"David is a really important player for us," he told the club website.

"He has played most of our matches this season and has been important for the team. His passing, his communication with the team on and off the pitch - he helps everyone."

Arsenal have also moved to make the temporary moves of fellow defenders Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares into permanent arrangements, while midfielder Dani Ceballos's loan from Real Madrid has been extended until the end of the 2019/20 season.

"I am really happy that we will have these players in our squad for the future," said Edu.

"They have been part of the long-term technical plan (manager) Mikel (Arteta) and I have developed. They bring the right balance to our squad."

Arsenal, who are 10th in the table, will bid to end a run of two defeats since the resumption away at Southampton on Thursday.

These were the details of the news David Luiz agrees Arsenal contract extension for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Khaleej Times and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV African Champions League draw.. Club classification after Al-Ahly qualified for the...
NEXT Farouk Jaafar: Mohamed Sharif is “not an international player”