The race that is holding the nation, the Melbourne Cup, is around the corner again.
While this year’s race will be like no other and spectators will not be allowed to participate, it will be the same exciting story on the track. A field of 24 international and local horses competing over 3,200 m for a whopping 8 million dollars in prize money.
Here are the most important things you need to know before running the 160th big race.
WHEN DOES IT RUN?
As always on the first Tuesday in November – this year on the 3rd. This year’s race starts at 3pm AEDT.Watch the Melbourne Cup LIVE on Racing.com, available on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming right away
SPRING CARNIVAL HOMEPAGE VON FOX SPORTS
DERBY DAY LIVE COVERAGE
FLEMINGTON forced to close doors on fans for cup
IMPORT MACHT CUP STATEMENT IN COX PLATE WIN
Who’s in the field?
That has yet to be officially decided, but the field has taken shape.
Below is the likely field based on the current order of participation. Ashrun secures a spot in the field with an exciting finish at the Lexus Hotham Stakes in Flemington on Saturday.
The last field will be locked that afternoon before the all-important Barrier Draw takes place at 5:30 p.m. AEDT.
FINAL FIELD (trainer, jockey, weight)
1. Anthony Van Dyck (IRE), Aidan O’Brien, Hugh Bowman, 58,5 kg
2. AVILIUS (GB), James Cummings, John Allen, 57 kg
3rd Vow and Declaration, Danny O’Brien, Jamie Mott, 57 kg
4. Masters of Reality (IRE), Joseph O’Brien, Ben Melham, 56 kg
5. SIR DRAGONET (IRE), Ciaron Maher und David Eustace, Glen Boss, 55,5 kg
3. OCEANEX (NZ), Mick Price und Michael Kent (Jnr), 51,5 kg
4. PERSAN, Ciaron Maher and David Eustace, 51 kg
5. Anthony Van Dyck (IRE), Aidan O’Brien, 58.5 kg
6. TWILIGHT PAYMENT (IRE), Joseph O’Brien, Jye McNeill, 55,5 kg
7. VERY ELLEEGANT (NZ), Chris Waller, Mark Zahra, 55.5 kg
8. MUSTAJEER (GB), Kris Lees, Michael Rodd, 55 kg
9. STRATUM ALBION (GB), Willie Mullins, Jordon Childs, 55 kg
10. DASHING WILLOUGHBY (GB), Andrew Balding, Michael Walker, 54,5 kg
11. FINCHE (GB), Chris Waller, James McDonald, 54,5 kg
12. PRINCE OF ARRAN (GB), Charlie Fellowes, Jamie Kah, 54.5 kg
13. Surprise baby (New Zealand), Paul Preusker, Craig Williams, 54.5 kg
14th KING OF LEOGRANCE (FR), Danny O’Brien, Damian Lane, 53.5 kg
15. RUSSIAN CAMELOT (IRE), Danny O’Brien, Damien Oliver, 53,5 kg
16. STAHLPRINZ (IRE), Anthony & Sam Freedman, William Pike, 53,5 kg
17. THE SELECTED (NZ), Murray Baker & Andrew Forsman, Daniel Stackhouse, 53.5 kg
18. ASHRUN (FR), Andreas Wohler, Declan Bates, 53 kg
19. WARNUNG, Anthony & Sam Freedman, Luke Currie, 53 kg
20. ETAH JAMES (NZ), Ciaron Maher and David Eustace, Billy Egan, 52.5 kg
21. TIGER MOTH (IRE), Aidan O’Brien, Kerrin McEvoy, 52,5 kg
22. OCEANEX (NZ), Mick Price und Michael Kent (jnr), Dean Yendall 51,5 kg
23 MIAMI BOUND (NZ), Danny O’Brien, Daniel Moor, 51 kg
24. PERSAN, Ciaron Maher and David Eustace, Michael Dee, 51 kg
Glen Boss’ heartfelt message
WHAT’S THE OFFER?
A total of $ 8 million, just like last year. It is divided as follows:
1. 4.4 Mio. USD, 2.1 Mio. USD, 3. 550,000 USD, 4. 350,000 USD, 5.1 230,000 USD, 6.-12. 160,000 USD
WHO WON IT THE LAST YEAR?
Vow And Declare, trained by Danny O’Brien, held the international challenge to win an exciting edition of the race.
There was drama after the race as the final placements were changed after the first protest in the race since 1991 was confirmed. Irish stayer Master Of Reality crossed the line second but was relegated to fourth, and Il Paradiso moved up to third behind second-placed Prince of Arran.
WHO ARE THE FAVORITE THIS YEAR?
It was already a fascinating race, with Aidan O’Brien-trained Irish importer Tiger Moth holding a $ 6.50 favor despite not having raced in Australia and Sir Dragonet ($ 7.50) rose to second preference after winning at Cox Plate.
Caulfield Cup runner-up Anthony Van Dyck got down to $ 9 ahead of local Hope Surprise Baby ($ 10), last year’s runner-up Prince of Arran ($ 13), and Caulfield Cup winner Very Elleegant ($ 13) fixed. Ashrun’s chances of winning were lowered to $ 17 after winning the Lexus Hotham Stakes.
Here are the leaders in the current betting market through Bet365
$ 6.50 Tiger Moth
$ 7.50 Sir Dragonet
$ 9 Anthony Van Dyck
$ 10 surprise baby
$ 11 Prince of Arran
$ 13 Russian Camelot
$ 13 Very elegant
$ 17 so long
$ 17 Ashrun
$ 26 Master of Reality
$ 34 warning
$ 34 Miami tied
$ 34 True Self
$ 34 Twilight payment
$ 34 Prince of Steel
$ 34 Stratum Albion
$ 34 Avilius
$ 34 Persian
$ 51 vow and declare
$ 51 King of Leogrance
$ 51 The chosen one
These were the details of the news Melbourne Cup 2020 Final Field, horses, odds, betting on who is... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.