Thank you for reading the news about Sheikh Mohammed spells out Dubai vision for next 50 years in new letter and now with the details
Aden - Yasmine El Tohamy - His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on Saturday penned a letter revealing the vision for Dubai for the next 50 years. The Dubai Ruler made the announcement on the 14th anniversary of his Accession Day.
Below is the full text of the letter.
Charter of the 4th of January, 2020
From Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to the people, residents and visitors of Dubai.
Today, on January 4, 2020, we renew our pledge to continue advancing Dubai, serving justice and improving the quality of life for the current and future generations without delay or obstruction.
Based on our observations and consultations, we have decided the following:
1. The formation of Dubai Council that I will chair with Hamdan bin Mohammed and Maktoum bin Mohammed serving as my first and second deputies, respectively. Six officials in Dubai will be appointed to oversee the six strategic growth pillars of the emirate. The Chairman of the Executive Office in Dubai will be appointed as the secretary general of the Dubai Council.
2. The Dubai Council will lead the change in the emirate, oversee the economic and social governance in Dubai and ensure its global competitiveness, economic leadership and attractiveness to become among the best cities in the world.
3. The Dubai Council will map out the vision for the emirate's next 50 years. Leaders of the future, Hamdan bin Mohammed and Maktoum bin Mohammed, will oversee the vision and establish the developmental agenda to ensure the best quality of life for citizens, residents and visitors of Dubai.
4. The Dubai Council will oversee the launch of major projects in the emirate, work on introducing new development sectors and foresee future global opportunities. The council will also direct government and semi-government companies and follow up indicators of global economic development.
5. Council members include Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Mohammed Abdullah Al Gergawi, Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer, Talal Humaid Belhoul, Abdullah Mohammed Al Basti, Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer and Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri.
6. The Executive Council of Dubai remains responsible for following up on the implementation of strategies, managing government performance and ensuring high-quality services.
7. The six growth pillars that members of the councils will supervise are: Dubai economy, citizen services, government development, infrastructure, security and justice, and health and knowledge.
8. Each council member will monitor the progress of a group of government entities and departments and follow up the status of implementation of objectives.
9. Advisory boards comprising seven members (from the public and private sector) shall be set up for each pillar. The advisory boards shall present ideas and suggestions and report observations to the council on the workflow of each pillar to ensure transparency, consolidate the sense of responsibility and involve expertise in the decision-making process.
10. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum shall be appointed as the Commissioner General of Dubai Economy pillar to oversee the Department of Economic Development, Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, and Dubai's free zones, airports, ports and customs; Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer shall be appointed as the Commissioner General of the infrastructure, urban planning and wellbeing pillar to oversee Dubai Municipality, Mohammed bin Rashid Housing Establishment and Dubai Land Department; Talal Belhoul shall be appointed as the Commissioner General of the security and justice pillar to oversee Dubai Courts, Dubai Civil Defence and Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services; Abdullah Mohammed Al Basti will be the Commissioner General of the government development pillar to oversee Dubai Government Human Resources Department, Dubai Statistics Centre and Dubai Smart Government Department; Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer shall be appointed as the Commissioner General of the health and knowledge pillar to oversee Dubai Health Authority, and Knowledge and Human Development Authority; Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri shall be appointed as the Commissioner General of the citizen services sector to oversee the Community Development Authority, and Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department.
The council is authorised to add new pillars and remove or add new departments across the six pillars.
11. The Dubai Council will conduct meetings at least once a month, with its agenda set to include the launch of a major project in the emirate. The Executive Office to act as the General Secretariat of the Dubai Council.
12. Agreements shall be signed with director-generals in Dubai and approved by the Dubai Council. The agreements, to be reviewed every two years, shall state the objectives and projects of every department in Dubai. Those who fail to bring about real change within two years shall be relieved of their duties.
To conclude this charter, we reaffirm that the ultimate goal of the new system in Dubai is to create transformations, overcome emerging challenges, rejuvenate ideas and ensure a better future for our current and next generations for whom we strive to leave the world's most livable city.
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
These were the details of the news Dubai - Sheikh Mohammed spells out Dubai vision for next 50 years in new letter for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Khaleej Times and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.